IISM – College of Sports and Fitness Medicine
Indian institute of Sports Medicine is an educational platform for those who believe to be the reformers of the health and fitness world. Dr. Kannan Pugazhendi, is the Founder and Director of the institute. His trailblazing sports medicine career and expertise for more than three decades enriches the courses that are offered. Our courses are groundbreaking, first of its kind and impeccably suited to the need of the hour for humankind.
Indian institute of sports medicine is a non profit organisation emerging from its parent organisation SPARRC institute. SPARRC institute is a fully fledged, pioneering sports medicine centre spread all over India in 14 locations earning pride to our country on the global arena by providing sports medicine support and sports specific training for international, national sports performers and translating the sports medicine principles for the general population towards holistic wellness.
Will. Wisdom. Well being.
Imbue the young minds with the Will to relinquish sloth
Enlightening them through invaluable Wisdom
And enriching the environment in entirety with Well-being
Transforming the nation to restore it’s pride and rewrite, redefine the history of world sports and fitness through virtuous education and training.
Core values :
We believe all of the above values are imperative to achieve Distinction in one’s career.
University Courses Offered:
- B.Sc Fitness & Lifestyle Modification (Duration 3 years, eligibility: +2 Science group)
- Fellowship In Fitness Medicine & Lifestyle Diseases Management (Duration 2 years, eligibility: MBBS)
- Fellowship In Sports Medicine & Sports Rehabilitation (Duration 2 years, eligibility: MBBS)
- Msc Sports & Fitness Psychology (Duration 2 years, eligibility: UG in Psychology)
- Msc Sports & Fitness Nutrition (Duration 2 years, eligibility: UG in Nutrition )
- PG Diploma in Exercise Physiology in Sports & Fitness (Duration 1 years, eligibility: MBBS /BPT )
- PG Diploma in Biomechanics & Kinesiology in Sports & Fitness (Duration 1 years, eligibility: MBBS /BPT)
Courses offered directly by our college:
- Certificate Program in Fitness & Sports Physiotherapy (Duration 3 months, eligibility: BPT/MPT)
- Certificate Program in Myofascial Trigger Point Therapy (Duration 3 months, eligibility: BPT/MPT)
- Certificate Program in Fitness Training & Gym Facility Management
- Certificate Program in Sports & Fitness Psychology
- Certificate Program in Sports & Fitness Nutrition
- Health and Fitness Facilitator Certificate Course
- Advanced Health and Fitness Facilitator Certificate Course (Level 2)
- Fitness Training & Gym Facility Management Certificate Program (Level 3)
Indian Institute of Sports Medicine offers the most rewarding course – Health and Fitness Instructor. Health and Fitness is the need of the era of the humanity to prevent diseases of inactivity. This course is designed to equip the students to analyse the need of their fitness client and plan a scientifically result oriented training program towards the goal. Contents of the course includes Human Anatomy, Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology, Fitness Evaluation, Risk Stratification, Methodology of Exercise and Case Studies to draw the suitable exercise program. 64 hours of contact classes over the four weekends consists of both theory and practicals with an evaluation to certify as IISM – Health and Fitness Facilitator
Please note certificate for the above mentioned diploma courses will be directly from our college and not from the University
- To conduct academic programs and educate on Fitness medicine, Sports medicine and allied subjects such as Sports psychology, sports nutrition, sports biomechanics and kinesiology.
- To enhance urban and rural India participation in fitness and sports through the outreach programs.
- To establish research activities to bring out the innovative methods of healing using indigenous sports, Fitness, dance, Martial arts, work, adventure sport and leisure.
- To organise international and national conferences, seminars and workshops on sports medicine, research and development, sports nutrition and psychology, Martial arts, Dance, yoga and fitness medicine.
- To identify talents from all over the country and offer appropriate sport specific training to be victorious in an international Sports arena.
- To educate anyone and everyone in India and all over the world irrespective of their geographical location and historical origin, language, religion, caste, colour, economical or social status.
- To create conscientious and meritorious health and fitness professionals to annihilate diseases of inactivity.
- To create awareness campaign on exercise interventions, lifestyle modifications, mental and physical health and fitness.
- To create, organise and develop sports facilities in rural and urban India that facilitates the availability of it for the underprivileged.
- To update on all the recent advancements in the field of sports and Fitness medicine for one and all through publications, workshops and awareness programs.
- Class rooms
- Biomechanics Lab
- Exercise physiology Lab
- Emergency First aid
- Rehabilitation & Fitness
- Fitness medicine for specially-abled
- Sports Nutrition
- Sports Psychology
- Dance therapy
- Clinic / Outpatient Department
- Research and Development Unit
- Outdoor Sports ground facility
- Kalari pit
- Meditation hall
- Yoga therapy / Asana & Pranayama practice hall
- Students lobby
For Admission details Contact: 965 965 0000 or email@example.com